On the first few days of Xmas

On the first day of Christmas

My boyfriend’s mum proved you can never be too old for an advent calendar by buying these for us.

adventcalendars

Interestingly both films featured in my 10 Films I Haven’t Seen post (here) last week, but that doesn’t detract at all from them being pretty much the coolest advent calendars I’ve ever seen. Or maybe this is fate’s way of intervening? A gentle shove towards watching them perhaps. In any case, marvellous.

On the second day of Christmas

I bought this bloody AMAZING T-shirt. You know how sometimes you don’t even bother looking at the price tag? You see something and just think – I NEED THAT. Well this was one of those moments. And it was only £8 anyway (I was in Asda – which explains my cavalier attitude to the price in the first place). Come on though, how cool?!!!!

homealone

On the third day of Christmas

I had the day off work and decided to put up my Christmas tree and decorations.

xmastree

Most of my decorations are from cheap shops like Pound Stretcher or Wilko (tight Brits will be nodding their heads in recognition) but I do have a few that are slightly more special.

Like I love these cute birds!

And the “Emma” ball was a present I received last year. I’ve had the gorgeous Ariel ornament for over a decade. Speaking of which did I tell you how I cried watching The Little Mermaid for the zillionth time last weekend?

Aside from the tree that’s probably too big for my living room, I was pretty pleased with my mini bookshelf display. The carousel is actually a biscuit tin (I’m thrifty okay?) but it does play a tune if you spin it round so hopefully it’s more decoration territory than kitchen utensil. And the cute Robin is a broken tree decoration (okay, I’m really thrifty).

bookshelf

And the penguins flash different colours! I’m a big kid really.

penguins

On the fourth day of Christmas (today)

Nothing really happened but it’s Friday so I’m grateful for that. Oh and I did listen to this in the car this morning…

homealone

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

56 Responses to On the first few days of Xmas

Hi Emma, I just did a post talking about what is in store for my blog in the new year.

Hi Emma, how you doing my saucy sister? I did another ass post that has gone down a storm, would love to hear what you make of the peachy and pert post.

Hello saucy brother! Sorry I haven’t been online much recently I need to catch up with ALL your posts 🙂 glad you’ve been ‘bumming’ around still. How are you bro? 🙂

3. Natasha says:

Love the post!!!

4. I still haven’t put my tree up. Good on you for getting in the spirit. I think you’re going to have to do a shot of you in the shirt doing the same expression as Kevin.

I do love the build up to Christmas, probably more than the actual day!

Ha ha ha, wouldn’t that be a sight to behold! “Emma! What did you do to my room?!”

I love this post! I hope we are getting more days of Christmas!

I am still hunting down an advent calendar (you can NEVER be too old), but I have been struggling to find one with nice chocolates this year (last year and the year before I had glorious Cadbury ones, and saw Lindt ones. Now? Nothing). I need that Star Wars one. Like, really.

As for being thrifty? I think it’s a great quality to have 🙂 However, you are way more creative than me xD

#FellowThriftyOne

6. Love your Christmas set-up! That shirt is awesome!

7. Cool idea for a post. I laughed at the advent chocolate calendars right away (re: earlier article)… totally rad Kevin McAllister shirt.. looking forward to the next edition

Thanks Dan 🙂 you’re rad!!!

How totally awesome is that t-shirt?!!!! I haven’t even worn it yet, like I’m saving it for best or something?!

Thanks for your lovely comment, as ever 🙂

8. Looks like you’ve been having fun. Love your tree and t-shirt!

9. That Other Critic says:

That may be one of the greatest t-shirts I have ever seen. 🙂