Opinion Battles Round 12 Favourite Stephen King Adaption

A fitting October Opinion Wars – Stephen King adaptations.

Movie Reviews 101

opinion battles

Best Stephen King Adaptation

With Rob and myself doing the October Kingathon what better choice for the subject of this rounds Opinion Battles, we have such a range of genre to pick from even if I can have a good guess what everyone will be picking.

If you want to take part in the next round we will be picking Best Franchise with 4 or more films, email moviereviews101@yahoo.co.uk by 18th October 2015

Darren โ€“ Movie Reviews 101

Stephen Kingโ€™s IT (1990)it

I have chosen this one because I like the idea of a horror film, I know there are others that could easily be picking like The Shinning, Carrie and I didnโ€™t want t go drama however brilliant Shawshank, Stand By Me and The Stand are. I have pick this one because this is the one film that created a character in Pennywise that will forever hauntโ€ฆ

View original post 931 more words

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous. Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Opinion Battles Round 12 Favourite Stephen King Adaption

1. Jordan Dodd says:

Interesting choices all round. I have seen most of them but there are still a couple I really need to see. I don’t see Pet Sematary on that list, I really need to watch that one.

I’d have picked Children of the Corn ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ So much fun!!

Oh Jordan you must join in soon!!!!! I’d love to see your opinion ๐Ÿ˜€

Have you heard back from The Lamb yet about your blog being on there? I don’t think anyone EVER got back to me lol!

And I remember seeing a comment recently (sorry I’m so behind) about you starting your youth work soon?!! That is great!!!! I know I always say it, but I have missed talking to you. I’m just glad things are going well for you ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

• Jordan Dodd says:

Thanks Em ๐Ÿ™‚ You are too kind. Yeah I’m gonna finish the subjects I need to while doing volunteer work, then when that is done I FINALLY have work placement. I’m so pumped!!

I never heard back from the LAMB =/ I emailed them again but didn’t hear back. Has their email addy changed or something? I applied back in March and heard nothing back. I tried to contact them asking about it but heard nothing back. It sucks cos I see the LAMB logo on every blog I come across!! =/

I must join in with these opinion battles, they are great. My memory though, not so much ๐Ÿ˜›

That’s great news!!!!! About the work placement NOT The Lamb !!

To be honest (and I don’t care who sees this) I think they’re a bit elitist and make it mega, mega hard to be a member. I put The Lamb button on my page after I tried to ‘become a member’ but really I should remove it (oops!) because I’m not actually a member lol. I just think oh whatever stuff you then!

It’s funny I did actually remind you once about an Opinion Wars and then in turn, found out I had missed the PSH deadline!!!!! So we’re both pretty forgetful haha. Too much weed in a previous life? What were we talking about again???? ๐Ÿ™‚

But I will remind you if you do want me to ๐Ÿ™‚ I’d love you to join in!!!!!

I’m really pumped for your work placement too, you really will be an EXCELLENT youth worker, kind hearted and funny ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ what subjects are you doing at the mo?

• Jordan Dodd says:

oh just BS subjects that are a part of the whole Youth Work course. because i took my sweet time getting a placement the course has been ‘upgraded’ so there are five subjects I need to do again

2. Jay says:

So many good choices but still so many missing!

Stand By Me would probably be my choice, love that movie so much.

4. Voted for Shawshank though I also like Stand by Me. Found The Mist kinda boring. :/

5. beetleypete says:

I voted for The Mist, which I just watched again, last week.(And because YOU reviewed it) Most are pretty good though, but where was ‘Misery’, or ‘Christine’? Having read (almost) all of the books, I thought those two were the best adaptations.
    Best wishes, Pete. x

I so almost went with Misery!! I could barely decide so in the end went with my favourite ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m also very surprised no-one said Misery, seems a bit of a cop out doesn’t it! And Carrie, and as you said – Christine.

Thanks for the vote though Pete! x

I love The Mist ๐Ÿ˜€

I enjoyed looking through everyone’s choices. Gotta say I find The Mist to be really underrated.