And what better way to celebrate the spooky season than with a good old Top 10 of something that are possibly the scariest thing in the world – CREEPY EYES. Man I hate creepy eyes.
Top 10 Scary Horror Movie Eyes
10. The Pale Man in Pan’s Labyrinth (2006)
Okay, so not a traditional horror film but I feel Pan’s Labyrinth is dark enough to include. And anyway, I had to. He pops his eyeballs into his hands for gods sake. And eats children.
9. Michael Myers in Halloween (1978)
Who knew a William Shatner mask could be so scary? One look into those cold, dark eyes and you know you’re in major trouble.
8. Mr Barlow from that lovely town Salem’s Lot (1979)
Terrifying. Even now.
7. The Victims in Red Dragon (2002)
Another quite rookie choice, I know. But seeing the murder victims with glass in their eye sockets ALWAYS freaked me out whilst watching this thriller.
6. All the possessed girls in The Evil Dead (1981)
Who ever said being possessed by evil dead things was fun? Oh yeah, no-one probably.
5. Pennywise in IT (1990 and 2017)
I had to include both because I thought Pennywise’s eyes in the recent 2017 offering were REALLY creepy. The way they looked in different directions was great and interestingly I read that the actor who played him (Bill Skarsgard) can actually do that in real life, so the planned CGI was not needed. And no explanation necessary for the glorious Tim Curry character of course.
4. Nina tripping out in Black Swan (2010)
Just looking at this picture freaks me out.
3. Regan possessed in The Exorcist (1973)
To be honest there’s quite a few stages in Regan’s Demonic Eye Transformation and they’re all pretty scary. But I thought this gif was too cool not to use.
2. The annoying kids in Village of the Damned (1995)
I know this is rather a lame choice for the all important second slot and the 1960 original is far better and more charming BUT this film absolutely terrified me as a kid. And for nostalgia alone, it deserves to be here.
1. Sadako’s ‘you’re facing certain death’ face in Ringu (1998)
Couldn’t choose anything else could I. Horrific.