Versatile Blogger Award
I’ve been rather slack recently keeping up with my awards. My awards! What do I sound like?
“Oh you know how it is darling – so many awards and so little time!” – no of course not really, I’m just lucky to have such lovely, brilliant friends on WordPress.
Firstly I have to thank two marvellous blogs for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award. I hope you don’t mind if I don’t complete it as I’ve done it before but I still wanted to say a big thank you!
So thank you to the brilliant Husband & Husband for nominating me – I want everyone to check out their brilliant blog right now. Their web comics are super funny and clever, they write awesome book reviews and check this out, they own Superman and Batman rucksacks!!! They infatuated me from the beginning. Thank you again guys.
And another huge thank you to That Moment In and specifically its writer David (beware the moon David) – who I speak to a lot and like very much. That Moment In is a clever site and a fantastic idea. You know how every movie has ‘that’ moment? Well this site is dedicated to catching it. Plus there is a lot of good humour! Thanks again.
The Dragon’s Loyalty Award
Thank you very much for my Dragon’s Loyalty nomination – Robbins Realm and John Brito.
I’m extremely grateful to both of you – you’re true gentlemen! Robbins Realm is a very smart and interesting blog with expertly written film reviews. I often learn something new on there! John Brito has a wonderful mix of creativity and passion, covering everything from children’s books to visual effects – anyone hoping to work in literature or film should check out John’s work.
And here are the rules:
– Display the award on your blog
– Announce your win with a post and thank the blogger who awarded you
– Present 15 deserving bloggers with the award
– Link your awardees in the post and let them know of their being awarded
– Write seven interesting things about you
Seven (semi) interesting things about me:
1. I was scared of the dark (I mean REALLY scared of the dark) until I was about 25
2. I used to volunteer at a local radio station and joint-hosted the breakfast show
3. I prefer savoury to sweet but still managed to get a jar of Nutella with my name on the label
4. I absolutely love going out for dinner
5. I work full-time as an auditor for an engineering company and part-time with children who have disabilities or learning needs. Both jobs are rewarding in different ways.
6. I have watched reality show Made in Chelsea since the very first season. It’s my biggest guilty pleasure and I’ll only stop watching it when they stop making it!
7. I actually quite enjoy doing my housework! The only thing I hate is ironing
My fifteen nominations:
By Hook or By Book
The Telltale Mind
The Film Fetishist
The Creative Fox Den
Spirit in Politics
Ramblings of a Cinephile
Movie Reviews 101
That Moment In
Husband & Husband
The Vern’s Video Vortex
Congrats on your well deserved awards and many thanks for the nomination 🙂
Thank you so much and you’re more than welcome!! 🙂
Well done. You deserve them all and more 🙂 WHat stopped you being afraid of the dark? Your radio show sounds fun. What kind of breakfast show was it?
Aww thanks Alex, you’re too kind!!!! 🙂
I’m not sure really, I guess I just got to the point I had to get over it! It was mainly horror film influence (all horror film influence) but I’m finally….at the grand old age of 29….getting used to them!!!!
I still don’t like sleeping in the pitch black but I don’t mind the lights off if the hall light is on :p
It was just a general kind of breakfast show. Chat, music, local news etc. The radio show (Saint AM – now Saint FM) was created by a local man and some friends and we volunteered to host it for a few months. All the shows were hosted by volunteers. I don’t do it anymore but it’s still going strong!
Sounds such a fun show. I bet you were a natural
Thanks Alex! Oh I don’t know haha, though it’s a job I’d love to do (for money) for real! Wouldn’t we all though? Talking rubbish, playing music and no need to worry about bad hair days! Haha.
Congratulations to you, Dear Emma! You are so kind and you sound like the friendliest person ever!! I wish I could have a cup of coffee with you someday (or tea, is it?) 🙂 Thank you so much for nominating me :-))))))) I’ll be sure to check out the blogs you mentioned. Have a wonderful weekend!
Thank you dear Reut, what a lovely message to read!! You’re more than welcome and I think the exact same about you!!!! I wish we could have a cup of coffee too ❤ tea or coffee – I'm easy!! 🙂
We could talk about Tarantino and Bowie!!!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂
I know, right?? How cool would that be!!! I need more movie loving friends ☺
Thank you for the nomination Emmy. I will check out those other sites shortly. I would have loved to hear your guest hosting stints on that radio show
No worries Verny!
Ahh thank you!! The radio show is still going but I work full time now and couldn’t ever do it : (
There were 4 of us that used to do the breakfast show, we interviewed local people and we got to DECIDE OUR OWN PLAY LISTS too!!!!! (that was the best bit!)
Made in Chelsea. lol Too funny.
Thanks for the award my dear, but I would be hard-pressed to name fifteen blogs off the top of my head. So here are 7 somewhat interesting things about me.
1. I am not afraid of the dark, but of certain heights. Not all heights – just certain heights.
2. I like ketchup (catsup) but not tomatoes.
3. I love peanut butter, but not peanuts or any type of nuts.
4. I like things with artificial flavours like banana, strawberry, etc. – but not the real things.
5. I cannot study or remember anything that most would deem important in life – but I can remember anything about movies, music, comics or tv. I’m told it makes me frustrating.
6. I think I could survive a zombie apocalypse with ease and sometimes think the world would be a better place if one should take place. It might bring out the worst in people, but it could bring out the best.
7. Animals are better than people any day of the week, at least I think so.
Thank you so much, my sweet Clam!!!!
You are just the fucking best!!!!!!
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
O _ o o _ O
Oh you sweetheart Pen!! YOU are the fucking best!!!
Clam is the best <————–fuck off! Ha ha ha. Happy Friday my dear Pen!
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
Clam should never —————->fuck off. Anyone who says so will get a serious beating. Clam is —————> fucking great!!!!!
Happy Friday indeed!!!!
O _ o o _ O
Congratulations Dear Emma! These awards are well deserved! Thank you for the nomination 😊😊😊😊
Awww thank you dear Kim!!!! And you’re the most welcome my kindred spirit 🙂 🙂 🙂
Kindred spirits! 🙂
Yay! It’s us ❤
Thanks so much for the nomination and congratulations to you! How did you get a jar of Nutella with your name on it??
My brilliant friend Vicky gave it to me for Christmas last year, she queued up in Selfridges in London for almost an hour! They were doing them as a quirky promotion 🙂 I swore I’d never open it buuuuut I have about half a jar left haha
Hahaha! Sounds like we have about the same level of self restraint when it comes to delicious food
Haha definitely!!!!!!! I can’t even remember when I opened it, I have a suspicious and scary feeling it was in the middle of the night and I used a spoon!!!
Tee hee 🙂 thanks Mel!!
Congrats Emma! I also enjoy the Husbands & Husbands blog. Very funny. Thanks for the nom. I’m honored. You’re so special.
That’s so nice of you to say. I think you’re rather special actually!!!
Great minds think alike : )
Well done Emma. You will need a separate ‘awards’ category soon! (But ‘Made In Chelsea? Come on…)
Best wishes, Pete.
Thanks Pete!! I should have nominated you!!!! It’s always tough!
Haha I know, don’t judge me too hard? 🙂
Don’t worry about nominating me Emma. I don’t have anything against blogging awards, and even got some in the early days. But I decided not to ‘do’ them anymore, so no harm done.
(You’ll be telling me that you watch ‘Geordie Shore’ next!) x
I know what you mean, they’re very time consuming but always nice to get nominated of course.
Haha, I HAVE seen Geordie Shore! But I’m not a huge fan : ) x