Versatile Blogger Award
I’ve been rather slack recently keeping up with my awards. My awards! What do I sound like?
“Oh you know how it is darling – so many awards and so little time!” – no of course not really, I’m just lucky to have such lovely, brilliant friends on WordPress.
Firstly I have to thank two marvellous blogs for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award. I hope you don’t mind if I don’t complete it as I’ve done it before but I still wanted to say a big thank you!
So thank you to the brilliant Husband & Husband for nominating me – I want everyone to check out their brilliant blog right now. Their web comics are super funny and clever, they write awesome book reviews and check this out, they own Superman and Batman rucksacks!!! They infatuated me from the beginning. Thank you again guys.
And another huge thank you to That Moment In and specifically its writer David (beware the moon David) – who I speak to a lot and like very much. That Moment In is a clever site and a fantastic idea. You know how every movie has ‘that’ moment? Well this site is dedicated to catching it. Plus there is a lot of good humour! Thanks again.
The Dragon’s Loyalty Award
I’m extremely grateful to both of you – you’re true gentlemen! Robbins Realm is a very smart and interesting blog with expertly written film reviews. I often learn something new on there! John Brito has a wonderful mix of creativity and passion, covering everything from children’s books to visual effects – anyone hoping to work in literature or film should check out John’s work.
And here are the rules:
– Display the award on your blog
– Announce your win with a post and thank the blogger who awarded you
– Present 15 deserving bloggers with the award
– Link your awardees in the post and let them know of their being awarded
– Write seven interesting things about you
Seven (semi) interesting things about me:
1. I was scared of the dark (I mean REALLY scared of the dark) until I was about 25
2. I used to volunteer at a local radio station and joint-hosted the breakfast show
3. I prefer savoury to sweet but still managed to get a jar of Nutella with my name on the label
4. I absolutely love going out for dinner
5. I work full-time as an auditor for an engineering company and part-time with children who have disabilities or learning needs. Both jobs are rewarding in different ways.
6. I have watched reality show Made in Chelsea since the very first season. It’s my biggest guilty pleasure and I’ll only stop watching it when they stop making it!
7. I actually quite enjoy doing my housework! The only thing I hate is ironing
My fifteen nominations:
By Hook or By Book
The Telltale Mind
The Film Fetishist
The Creative Fox Den
Spirit in Politics
Ramblings of a Cinephile
Movie Reviews 101
That Moment In
Husband & Husband
The Vern’s Video Vortex