Here are my five favourite TV theme songs.
5. Buffy the Vampire Slayer – yeah, yeah, yeah it sounds a bit like The Offspring who cares. This theme IS my teenage years. And to be honest, my adult years. And this is an intro you never skip.
4. The Sweeney – a great man introduced me to this TV programme (long before out-of-breath Ray Winstone embarrassed himself) – my grandad. A police show concentrating on the tough-nut Flying Squad – it had a really fun intro.
3. Doctor Who – no explanation necessary. Though I will tell you this was my ringtone for quite a few years!
2. True Blood – the only thing sexier than Eric Northman is the show’s theme song Bad Things – sung by Jace Everett. I listen to this when I’m cleaning my bathroom (morale).
1. Fireball XL5 – this was a children’s science fiction series, made in the 1960s. And I just love its slushy, cute little theme song!