So what’s happening with Rupert Grint?

Rupert Grint played the hapless, hilarious and lovable Ron Weasley in the Harry Potter movies. He was always my favourite character in the books. He bloody well was. Here’s a summary of his time at Hogwarts for those of you that are strange and don’t know:

ron
ron2~ron3
ron4

ron5

So Ron didn’t do too badly. From a kid with dirt on his nose to being Griffindor’s winning Quidditch goal keeper (and copping off with Hermione).

But has Rupert faired so well?

By his own admission he received ‘silly money’ for completing the eight Warner Brother films, plus voicing the video games and making star appearances. But since they finished life has been ‘a bit weird’.

He sort of got the short straw out of the three main actors in the movie and even though he’s got more money than he’ll ever need it must be slightly demeaning hearing ‘oi you were that ginger kid in Harry Potter!’ which is presumably what happens on a daily basis.

Even Malfoy (Tom Felton – same person – hate him) is doing more movies than him. Well I saw him in Rise of the Planet of the Apes anyway and he was horrible, smarmy little shit in that too. Definitely the same person.

So what exactly is happening with Rupert Grint?

Well it’s possible he’s turned to drink and drugs. I know that’s what I’d be doing if I didn’t have to go to work and judging by this mean spirited media photograph it could well be possible.

rupert3

Though equally possible is that he is leaving a top theatre incognito having just starred in the evening play, because for some reason – actors always have to leave the theatre looking like shit. Don’t they though?!

Rupert must be a good actor, because the whole Harry Potter cast were very carefully chosen with no weak links. There are plenty of kids with ginger hair after all. And Rupert has starred in a couple more movies during and since Harry Potter that may not have been as successful but have got good reviews (upon my IMDB investigation) plus many flattering comments on Rupert’s acting.

Check out:

Cross of Honour

Charlie Countryman or

Driving Lessons

I like Rupert Grint. I have an affinity with him (kind of). We both come from Essex, we both like milk.

ron

me
We both like Harry Potter, presumably anyway. We both fear spiders and we both donate clothes to charity (thank you Wikipedia).

ron

Swiss psychiatrist Carl Jung (1875-1961) had a theory he called synchronicity in which two or more events are experienced as meaningfully related, where they are unlikely to be casually related. Yeah I copied that from Wikipedia – a better explanation would be:

You’re talking to a friend who mentions a TV host you used to watch as a child, you haven’t seen them on television for years. Ten minutes later you see them on TV – synchronicity!

Anyway, the reason I say this is because yesterday, last night in fact (!!) the 9th October 2014 – Rupert Grint made his Broadway debut as Frank Finger in the play It’s Only a Play showing at the Gerald Schoenfeld Theatre. How cool is that? I had literally no idea.

Synchronicity.

rup

This entry was posted in Random Writing and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to So what’s happening with Rupert Grint?

Maybe he’s become one of Satrap’s backing dancers.

2. Cici says:

Weirdly we having the “where did Ron go?” conversation with a friend of mine last week, we are super fans of Harry Potter. I thought he just made bank and went on a life vacation, cause my lazy ass will be on a beach with food and tons of novels if I made as much money as him when i was still in my teens. Nice post Emma! and I learned something new, synchronicity. Had no idea that was a thing! 😛

3. I like Rupert I hope he turns up in more films unless he wants to sit on his butt and eat treats from his ice cream truck or stick with theatre than that’s okay too. I’ll have to look up more on his new play…I’m dying to visit NY to see Ewan McGregor on Broadway too, maybe a double bill is needed.
    I think I had a light bit of synchronicity last night by the way so thanks for putting that word into my vocabulary.

Haha that made me laugh. I should have said something about his ice cream truck!!!!! Yeah would be cool to see it, I love watching plays (but not really musical)

What’s Ewan McGregor doing?

And what was your synchronicity?!

🙂

• Ewan’s doing a play called The Real Thing. I’m not thrilled about musicals either, I haven’t seen one live since I was little on a school trip.

My synchronicity isn’t too exciting but some little old actor came up in a conversation about a movie, I don’t even know his name, and then I spotted him in three movies in one night-weird! I should investigate him.

It’s okay, the ice cream truck is in all of our hearts and we’ll never ever forget it.

It was Rupert’s finest moment! I’ll have a 99 please 🙂

That is really cool! Three movies is pushing the boundaries of coincidence 🙂

I went to see Matilda the Musical which I guess was my first one. I LOVE the book Matilda. Bits were okay, but it confirmed what I always though – musical aren’t my thing!

• I saw Phantom of the Opera & Showboat in elementary school & that’s about it, other types of theatre like plays are fantastic though! I never read Matilda, think it’s a good read still? I should grab a copy, I know other people who love it too.

4. Hmm. That movie doesn’t ring a bell. Methinks I must research! Oh God! Wouldn’t it be amazing if we were able to go see Rupert on Broadway together?! Sigh 😦 Oh well. We can imagine though 🙂 We are so on for Shaun! Just have to pick a date. I haven’t responded to your second email yet (I promise I will if not today, tomorrow), but I’ll put some ideas in. I do have to respond to your website suggestion with a resounding “YES”! I’m so excited 🙂 Lacey says thank for your lovely daily hello. She’s feeling under the weather so we’re snuggling.

That’s a beautiful self portrait!

• “Bloody ‘ell” Emma! Brilliant post 🙂 BTW, love your matching milk mustache! I’m so happy to hear about Rupert’s Broadway debut. I always thought thst he was the most underrated actor of the three and it’s about time he’s getting his due.And I love that you tied it into synchronicity. I never woild have thought of that 🙂

Haha I love the ‘bloody hell’ reference!! Bloody hell Harry!

Ha ha the milk moustache! It made me think of Leon always drinking milk. I was trying to put a bit of myself into this post too 🙂

Sooo weird that Rupert’s play was last night too! I’m really pleased from him too he thoroughly deserves it, think it sounds rather lovely really! Wish we could go watch it 🙂

We have Shaun of the Dead night though!! Can’t wait for that.

I only knew about synchronicity because my grandad showed me a bit in a film (that I now can’t remember the name of) but it was Robert Duvall I think, who spoke about Carl Jung. Do you know the movie I mean perhaps?

Hope you’re well by the way 🙂 Hello Lacey in a British accent! 🙂